Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

A wonderful service.
Any woman who reads this is and is age 40 or over go here and register. Any woman who is age 50 or over will really appreciate any reminder she can get, take my word on that! My mother-in-law, the BEST mother-in-law anyone could have, died from breast cancer. If only she had a mammogram every year. She waited to long. Please, please don't wait. Have your mammogram every year! Your loved ones, your family and your friends will thank you for having the screening exam done. They want you around for a long time.
If you have your mammogram in October like I do, go out and buy a bag of these. A thanks to yourself for having the exam over with. Although I said I wouldn't put education into my blog I can't help myself on this very important issue. Since I guess I'm on an education kick, want to know what I think about the importance of a Colonoscopy for everyone over the age of 50?

2 comments:

lilpoppy said...

Had mine done in August! And our Thursday night golf league always does a "Rally for the Cure". It costs us $20.00, even the men league's on that night participate, we end up with around $2,000.00+ that gets donated to the cure.

Anonymous said...

I haven't had mine in well over a year, but I have scheduled it 3 times! Here's to the World's Best Mom!