Eric & I arrived back to the condo at almost 1am on Saturday night. I put a load of wet clothes in the dryer & went right off to sleep. At around 4:30am I awoke to a VERY loud alarm. I bolted out of bed from a very deep sleep. I thought I started a dryer fire. On the way to the dryer I yelled for Eric to get up. He had also heard the alarm. Thankfully, we had no fire. I checked the hall & went out to the balcony, no smoke or smell of smoke. Eric went down the stairs to the lobby & then called me to come down. The fire department had already arrived. I put on a robe, no shoes - big mistake, and took the stairs to the lobby. As I opened the last door to the lobby I was greeted by about 8 firemen & all their gear. I'm not sure how long we were outside but it ended up being a false alarm. When the firemen came down I was wishing all the young single girls I knew were out there with me. There were some great looking & in shape firemen. The chief then told us an apartment that didn't have their air conditioning on could have set off the alarm. While outside I thought about the barn fire of last week and wondered if I cursed myself. I might have to stick to good & positive posts from here on out!