Friday, February 27, 2009

Book Club

Our selection for this month was Mrs. Mike. I LOVED the book. It is based on the life of Katherine Flannigan. Her story is amazing. I actually had a hard time believing it could even be a true story. I found out at our meeting that there are parts in the book that did not happen. Our moderator was able to find some information about Mrs. Mike on the Internet. If you are looking for a good read, I would highly recommend reading Mrs. Mike. Someday I'm going to watch the movie.
I hosted this month & gave everyone in the club a bookmark that I made. I had numbers & the person that drew one got first pick.

They are made with wool felt, stitched with embroidery thread and backed with regular felt that is pre-glued. I am definitely going to make more.

I served cheese fondue. The first time I had ever made cheese fondue. Cheese fondue is made with wine & not milk or cream. I had no idea. I had always assumed milk based. It was delicious I'm going to start making it more often when we have get togethers. I won't host again until November although, next month I'm the moderator. The selection for March is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice bookmarks. Which one went first, and which one went last? I am soooo glad Gel-Oh got up early, today! I have been up for a while with no new emails...

Anonymous said...

I have not heard of pre-glued felt. I will be looking for it now!

Gale said...

First pick was the white flowers w/ the leaves. The last pick was the heart. The tree is my favorite.
Kay, the felt is actually peel & stick. All craft stores sell it in lots of colors.

Gale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.