Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Portrait Photography

My favorite photographs to take are that of people. When given choices of photographs to look at I would even choose looking at “people pictures” over anything else. I don’t even care if I know the people in the photograph. Yesterday, I was so excited all day knowing that in the evening I was going out to photograph our friends daughter.
Before the shoot, I was talking with Mau and she wondered why anyone would want to go out & purposely have their photograph taken. She should just so her children will have some pictures of her. I would hate to have her kids end up like her with very few photographs of their mother. In her defense, she has humored me on several occasions. Anyway, when you are an absolute beautiful girl why wouldn’t you want to have your picture taken?
Both are SOOC (Straight-Out-Of-Camera), except for my watermark. Yes, I have my own watermark. I didn't do it to prevent making copies. I did it to prevent people that I/we don't know from making copies or using the photograph. There about 20 pictures that she liked and several that I really like that are not on her list. This always amazes me. Two of my recent photographs of Amie that I love she hates. Why is that? In fact she hid an 8 x 10 that I had printed when she was home. I'm happy to report that I've found it.
I used my 50mm f/1.4 lens yesterday, I have only used it once before. I have a big engagement photo shoot coming up in two weeks and I need to get in a lot of practice. I learned so much yesterday and learned I have so much more to learn. Thankfully, we are going out again one day next week to some new locations that she will be scouting out. Thank you N.! Now I need to hit Photoshop. Something else I have a lot to learn about. Although, I don't believe in a lot of editing in portrait photography, even thou it is all the trend.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can anyone out there see the pictures? I just see little boxes with Xs in them. :o(

Anonymous said...

If the family is any indication, blogging is a dying art form.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jell-O, I know I am an "absolutely beautiful girl," I just don't like to flaunt it!

I love the pictures, especially the first one.

Amie said...

You found the picture?

NNNOOOOOOOOOO.

I am going to tear it up and burn it next time.

I am going to take the worst picture of you ever and hang it in the house and see how you feel.

lilpoppy said...

oh noooo blamie, brit must of told her where the picture was! I can't wait to see how "bad" it really is. Have never seen a bad picture of you, but me on the other hand...

Leigh Leigh said...

Those are two great pictures. I agree with Mau, I really like the first one. I can't wait until our photo shoot although I am not guaranteeing a whole lot of success from our end. Neither one of us take very good pictures.

Anonymous said...

Now I HAVE to see the picture of Amie! I have never seen a bad one. Send it!

Leigh Leigh said...

I want to see it too! I don't believe her. I agree that I have never seen a bad picture of her...expect maybe those pictures of us in the airport in Germany, but she still looked pretty cute and very photogenic!!