Monday, April 6, 2009

Homemade Pumpkin Bread

Last weekend I made Pumpkin Bread, the best homemade pumpkin bread there is and I have proof. I had a meeting at the house this Saturday morning & served some then. It was a big hit!

I bake the bread in tall ready to serve soup cans. One slice makes for a perfect serving. Of course, I can't eat just one serving. Lisa, the author of Fashion Noted requested the recipe. Lisa, this is for you any anyone else who loves Pumpkin Bread!
4 eggs
3 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cloves
2/3 cup water
2 cups pumpkin
1/2 cup walnuts
Combine eggs, sugar, oil & mix well. Add all other ingredients & mix together. Pour into 3 greased & floured bread pans and bake at 350 oven for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
Instead of bread pans you can use, 8 tall ready to serve soup cans or 4 coffee cans.
I freeze the bread right in the cans & open cans when I'm ready to serve.
ENJOY!

2 comments:

lilpoppy said...

YUM!!!!

Lisa said...

Pumpkin bread is one of my absolute favorite things to eat, so you can imagine my delight when I came home to Amie's, starving, and she said you made some. It was just as good as she said it was! Sorry to Aim, because I probably ate too much of hers! Thanks for the recipe, I will let you know how it goes when I make it!