Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Renovation of Living Room

This is what the living room looked like the day we purchased our circa 1895 home. The built-in is not original to the house. It was built in the mid 1970's.
This is what it looks like today. I have NOT been able to get an accurate picture of what the wall color looks like. The walls look very gray in the photographs.
Below looks the closest to the wall color, just a bit to light. I will not be adding pulls to the doors, it will look less kitchen like.

The fireplace at some point during our renovation. I'm working on trying to figure out what I want to put on the mantle. Also, there will be a linen color area rug on the floor. This is the wall across from the fireplace.
Come by someday and see it for yourself!

3 comments:

The Mad Tern said...

Wow! Very impressive changes! I'm afraid that if it were my house, it would still look like a mix between 1895 and 1972!

Leigh Leigh said...

Very nice! Did you choose a new color or are the pictures in the earlier blog of a different room?

Gale said...

The walls on the posts on the 17th & 22nd are the same color. The 17th only has one coat and taken at night. The 22nd has two and taken in daylight. If I ever get an acuate photo, I'll post it.