Monday, June 2, 2008

Deck Rearrange

I only work until noon on Fridays and since there was an 80% chance of rain on Saturday I decided to take some time and sit out on our deck. I did feel a bit guilty about this since Mick went to Fay Ln Thursday evening to work on the bathroom project for the weekend. As most of you know, the weekend did not go as planned. Mick returned home on Saturday morning. As hard as is was for Mick another family had an unimaginable weekend.

I love the arrangement this year, for the first time since we've been at this house. The butter churn was a gift from Mau. It was a great find for her, FREE off the side of an Adirondack road. Mick hated the "piece of rotten junk." Thankfully, everyone who comes to our deck comments on it's uniqueness. This year he bought some Marine Varnish and sealed the churn. He didn't want the finish to fade. He has come to appreciate its uniqueness. !

The reason I like the deck arrangement is that the seating is so that when someone drives or walks by they can't see us sitting. Also, when you sit in any chair, except the wheelbarrow bench, you are looking into the back yard or perennial garden.

The above are two different views of the seating area. Of course I had to mess with Photoshop. Photoshop is very addicting.


My twig table, a find from last year and cheap cheap. The antique shop was going out of business. I thought I would never have one since they usually cost $100 or more. I paid $25. There's the tour Amie. Isn't this a lot better? Everyone else, come by and sit with me!

One of the few time the weather forecasters were correct. The above is our deck on Saturday morning. Notice the puddle on the deck cushion?

2 comments:

lilpoppy said...

Looks good, can't wait to see it with the cushions.

Amie said...

i like it! it does look alot better than before...i can't wait to come home and sit in my lounge chair :)