Monday, April 21, 2008

Antiquing

In my quest to find crocks & jugs I visited our local antique shop. I spotted a rug, latch hook, it think. I loved it as soon as I saw it but had no intention of purchasing it. I continued to look thru the shop and I recalled when we spent a weekend in Vermont last November with Marie & Dave O. In one of the shops there were framed and matted pieces of latch hook, hearts, birds, flowers etc. When I was going to pay for my purchases, photos tomorrow of my great buy, I HAD to have the rug.
My thought is to cut the rug along the rows of black and frame each piece. I am also thinking of leaving together two of the squares with the circles and making a long frame.

Mick said he would make the frames, don’t know when he’ll find time for that. The tarps are still up on the living room doors so I'm not sure of the progress in there. We also have a mat cutter, so we are in business. Is it just me but wouldn’t those frames be the cutest things????

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very colorful! You could do a 4 square frame of the middle sections as well, unless you planned to keep the middle section whole?

Amie said...

I LOVE them. I think they will be so cute! Do I get to have a few?

Leigh Leigh said...

I think that they will look awesome. Almost all of those colors would work really well in my living area. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Anonymous said...

I like your new rug, but leave most of the middle section together. Maybe 9 squares? Or even 4.

It sounds like LA and LL have plans for the finished products! Find a place to hang them quickly!

Gale said...

I think that any more than two squares in one frame would be to much. The frame would be to big for my liking. There are 36 squares so everyone get their orders in!!!

lilpoppy said...

The purple will match my diningroom, then I would have two new items in there.

The Mad Tern said...

Gel-oh, 64 more squares and you have an illegal Super Bowl wager board.