Thursday, February 18, 2010

Volleyball Tournament

Mickey's favorite volleyball position is on the front line even thou she is not that tall.
Waiting for the serve.
She had kills on all the below plays.
She is a good jumper. This was taken during the semi-final game.
This was on the first day of play.
I took all the pictures using the manual settings on my camera. They are the best action shots I could get with the camera & lens that I own. My camera goes up to 1800 ISO. There was a father from another team in Mickey's club that had a camera & lens that had 3400 ISO. If I still had kids in sports I would need to get new equipment and a part time job to pay for it.

1 comment:

Amber said...

First of all, I think these look really nice.

Secondly, your f-stop and shutter speed are more important than your iso when shooting sports. I looked up the info on one of your photos and it says your f-stop was 6.3 and your shutter speed was 1/60. Try to lower your f-stop(I shoot hockey between 2.8 and 3.5) and increase your shutter speed (I bounce between 1/250 and 1/500 for hockey). Higher iso adds more grain and more work when editing the photos...

Again, these are great shots though.