Wednesday, August 6, 2008

She said "Yes" to a dress.

Our first day was spent at two bridal shops. Jen a bridesmaid from Augusta was also able to be in Atlanta on Friday.
Our first shop, the dresses averaged $3,000, I had NO idea. Truthfully, I didn't see many I liked. The bride must agree, there are many ugly dresses and at a very high cost. Below are some of the ones she tried on. I then got busted, NO pictures allowed. They said it was the designers policy. I don't believe that reason. The second shop had the same policy, NO cameras. This shop was the opposite in price range and they looked it. We all felt disappointed at the end of our day thinking that dresses were either cheap looking or expensive.

Saturday morning, just looking at the outside of the shop, we had a good feeling. It's in an old house, reminded me of home. We had our own room filled with natural light. The shops yesterday had fluorescent lighting and were very dark. This shop even allowed cameras!! Some of the dresses we pulled for her to try on.
She then found the one and this is it. It was the third dress she tried on. Don't go back up and look at the above picture, her dress is not on the rack.
The shop then brought in the champagne, we had some tears and a toast. It was a wonderful experience and I was honored to have been asked to be a part of it all.

I have a lot of pictures from Saturday, most of which I can't show. I'm going to make a mini scrapbook from the day for the bride.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Leigh Leigh! Sounds like you guys had fun.

Jell-O, I am very proud you took pictures before being busted. Sounds like something I would do! Do you drink everywhere you go?

The Mad Tern said...

The key unanswered question: how much? When they give you champagne after you decide, that has to be a bad sign!

Leigh Leigh said...

I can't believe that you used that picture of me making the face. :) Wow! Quite a scary face. You would not want to be on the receiving end of that.