Monday, May 5, 2008

A real live, change that, dead gallbladder.

You may not want to read to the end.

There will be photos at closing.



I was discharged from the hospital on Saturday morning, the anesthesia did not agree with me, it felt wonderful to finally be home. Prior to the surgery, everyone said how "laparoscopic surgery is great" and that gallbladder surgery was an “easy” surgery. Well for the record, there is NO “easy” surgery, except maybe for the doctor. Thanks to everyone who called Mick to ask how I was doing and for Mau emailing everyone. I am so happy to have this behind me.
I am not sure when I will return to work, I am thinking Wednesday or Thursday. I have continued with my low fat diet although ,I did cheat and ate two chocolate Easter eggs and they didn't taste that great. Maybe I've lost my chocolate craving. That would be fantastic if that happened.





Now last warning, you can stop here and not take a look at the organ that gave me such trouble.







Last chance.

It looks bigger than I thought. I should have asked to put a coin by it so we could get an idea of the actual size. That would have been pushing thou.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

EEEeewwww! looks like the stuff Mom used to buy for 68 cents a pound and serve in gravy over rice!

I'm glad you are finally home. Now, GO BACK TO BED!

Unknown said...

well that is very graphic...but I am glad you are ok and feeling better and I am excited to see you for memorial day weekend!!

ke said...

Now that looks pretty healthy; maybe you should go and have them put it back in!! Glad this is behind you and that you are feeling better.

lilpoppy said...

So that is what us all the problems, always wondered what it looked like. Glad you are feeling better. I can feel for you.

The Mad Tern said...

What kind of wing sauce did you use?