Thursday, April 3, 2008

Honoring a Veteran

Mom went to the Collamer Cemetery yesterday to bring flowers.
It would have been Dads 75th birthday.
While there, planes from the 174th Fighter Wing of the Air National Guard were out practicing. She waved to the planes and during their next fly over one of the planes flew off formation and tipped its wing.
I hope the pilot knows what the significance of this gesture meant,
for some reason I think he/she does.

The above picture was taken Easter Sunday in 1953 while Dad was home on leave.

He was so proud of his service to our country.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute! I never realized how much you look like your dad.

Anonymous said...

Now that's a good post.

lilpoppy said...

Nice post, brought tears to my eyes! Wish mom could see the post, if she comes over this weekend I will show it to her.

Anonymous said...

Neat! That is a nice gesture!